Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C and many other nutrients. This juice-filled fruit is full of benefits not only for health but it also removes the blemishes from skin and cures from many other damages.
This most common of our beloved citrus fruits is known for its refreshingly tangy juice and zest and its bright, high-acid flavor. Lemon juice and zest act as souring agents and flavor enhancers, and can add a bright note to a huge range of dishes.
Let’s go through some of the benefits of drinking lemon water in morning:
1. Boost Your Immunity: Lemons contain high amounts of vitamin C, which can protect the body from harmful illnesses. Vitamin C helps produce white blood cell in order to protect your immune system. When you build up your immunity level, it will not be easy for your body to catch certain illnesses.
2. Detox your Liver: Lemons naturally contain acidic qualities that help eliminate harmful bacteria and food buildup within the digestion tract. Our livers help filter out unwanted organisms in our bodies.
Lemon juice helps the liver flush out toxins found in the body, and it’s a natural healer in itself! One way to reset your system is by adding in some activated charcoal with an optional sweetener such as maple syrup or stevia.
3. Boost your Energy: Lemon juice naturally speeds up the metabolism, causing an instant energy jolt to the body. Not to mention, cleanses out our systems more effectively. Other caffeinated stimulants often dehydrate the body and can slow down the digestive tract.
Lemon water provides clean energy for our bodies, and the zesty zingy flavor helps perk up our appetite and mood! The warmth from the water is very soothing and creates a calmness within the body. The citrus flavor provides the bolt of alertness and focuses for you to take on your day!
4. Cleanse your digestion: Many people tend to skip out on breakfast, a.k.a the most important meal of the day. This can be due to lack of appetite upon waking up.
By drinking a cup of warm lemon water first thing in the morning, your system will be cleansed of indigestion symptoms that may have developed over the past hours from a meal the night before. This will help regulate your digestive tract, and relieve any gastritis symptoms.
5. Keep you Hydrated: Lemon water lets you get in that extra glass of water, but you are starting your day with a flavorful beverage–without any artificial sweeteners! It makes you instantly refreshed, and your skin will glow due to the high antioxidant level found in lemon juice. Proper hydration is important to maintain bodily functions.