We all love to sleep after a tiring day and it is one of the most important essential for our body to stay active and that maintains our brain functions. Here are some facts about sleep that you were unaware of.
1. 12% of people dream entirely in black and white. Start noticing after you wake up from a creepy nightmare and count yourself if you are in that 12%.
2. Two thirds of a cat’s life is spent asleep. Now you can relate why your cat is mostly lazy and sleepy they can sleep any time.
3. A giraffe only needs 1.9 hours of sleep a day, whereas a brown bat needs 19.9 hours a day.
4. Humans spend 1/3 of their life sleeping.
5. The record for the longest period without sleep is 11 days.
6. It’s not uncommon for deaf people to use sign language in their sleep.
7. Dysania is the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
8. The sensation of falling when half asleep and jerking yourself awake is called ‘hypnic jerks’.
9. It’s thought that up to 15% of the population are sleepwalkers.
10. Sleep deprivation will kill you more quickly than food deprivation.
11. Those born blind experience dreams involving things such as emotion, sound and smell rather than sight.
12. Within 5 minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten.