Acne is a common skin disease that affects an estimated 85% of people at some point in their lives.
Symptoms include pesky pimples, which can be frustrating and difficult to get rid of.
While conventional treatments can be effective at getting rid of pimples, they are often associated with adverse effects, such as skin irritation and dryness.
Because of this, a lot of people have turned to natural alternatives. There are a lot of natural acne remedies out there, but only a handful are scientifically proven to help.
Here are 3 natural remedies that have been proven to get rid of pimples fast.
1. Spot & acne treat with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic is extracted from the leaves of an indigenous Australian tree known as Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree oil is an excellent skin treatment option, especially for oily, acne-prone skin, which is why it is considered the best natural remedy for acne.The use of tea tree oil for acne has been found to be quite effective, not many of us know how it works.
Acne cannot take hold of a person’s skin when one of the conditions that contribute to its development is absent. The application of tea tree oil can help counteract the growth of Propionibacterium acnes, which is why this essential oil is especially useful in the fight against acne.
How to use Tea Tree Oil for Acne
- Combine one part tea tree oil with nine parts water.
- Dip a cotton swab into the mixture and apply it directly to pimples.
- Apply moisturizer, if desired.
- Repeat this process one to two times per day, as needed.
2.Apply Green Tea to the Skin
Walk into any cosmetics store today, and you’re bound to see plenty of products that advertise the essence of green tea within them. This isn’t just a marketing gimmick; instead, green tea has been found to have plenty of benefits for your appearance. Is green tea good for your skin, and is green tea good for skin whitening? The following evidence should be more than enough to convince you that there are plenty of green tea skin benefits for you to indulge in.
Reduce Oiliness in Skin
Better Sun Protection
Less Acne and Blackheads
How to Use Green Tea for Acne
- Steep green tea in boiling water for 3–4 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool.
- Apply it to your face with a cotton ball or spritz it on using a spray bottle.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes or overnight, and then rinse your face with water.
- Apply 1–2 times per day, as needed. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
3. Moisturize With Aloe Vera
By applying aloe vera generously to your face in place of a cleanser, you’ll be boosting the blood flow in your skin and killing off harmful bacteria. You can also spot-treat your acne breakout areas, leave the aloe on overnight, and wash it off in the morning to reduce redness and irritation.
How to Use Aloe Vera Gel for Acne
- Scrape the gel out of the aloe leaves with a spoon.
- Apply gel to the skin at the same time as other acne treatments. You may want to try mixing it with your other treatment, and then apply this to your skin. Or, you can apply the other acne treatment first, with the aloe gel over top.
- Repeat 1–2 times per day, or as desired.