After months of hiding from the winter’s cold under the protective warmth of bulky clothes, it’s time to start concentrating on eating healthy with the goal of getting that great summer body.
A lot of us use the winter as a time to eat more, lift heavy, skip the cardio, and bulk up. But what if you want that hard-earned beachbody year-round? Maybe it’s the thought of hitting the sand wearing a sexy form-fitting summer dress.
If you’re trying to slim down, follow these five tips to keep your beach body all year round.
- Thirty minutes of cardio training are recommended, but even five to 10 minutes will elevate your energy and speed your metabolism.
- Get into some vigorous sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming. These types of housekeeping chores burn a significant number of calories.
- We’ve all heard the benefits of taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Everything you’ve heard is true.
- Dance or do aerobics at home. No one is watching, anyway. If you like, include the little ones and turn it into a game.
- Get up 15 to 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the family and use this time for a run, a walk, or some stretching and yoga.