Physical signs and symptoms of burnout:
- Feeling tired and drained most of the time
- Lowered immunity, feeling sick a lot
- Frequent headaches, back pain, muscle aches
- Change in appetite or sleep habits
Emotional signs and symptoms of burnout:
- Sense of failure and self-doubt
- Feeling helpless, trapped, and defeated
- Detachment, feeling alone in the world
- Loss of motivation
- Increasingly cynical and negative outlook
- Decreased satisfaction and sense of accomplishment
Behavioral signs and symptoms of burnout:
- Withdrawing from responsibilities
- Isolating yourself from others
- Procrastinating, taking longer to get things done
- Using food, drugs, or alcohol to cope
- Taking out your frustrations on others
- Skipping work or coming in late and leaving early
Take a note before you breakdown! Also be aware that burnout can creep in if you let these slide for too long. Be kind to yourself, and remember these are vitally important to your business and your well being!
- Start the day with a relaxing ritual.
- Adopt healthy eating, exercising, and sleeping habits.
- Set boundaries.
- Take a daily break from technology.
- Nourish your creative and playful side.