As per the latest Henley Passport Index, Pakistanis hold the 4th worst passport to travel in the world. The Henley Passport Index ranks 107 countries from the world based on the visa-free access its passport grants to the citizens. Pakistan with only 32 countries’ visa-free access stands at 104th spot in this year’s ranking – sharing the rank with Somalia.
The top 10 countries on Henley’s Index are as follows.
1. Japan (191 destinations)
2. Singapore (190)
3. South Korea, Germany (189)
4. Italy, Finland (188)
5. Spain, Luxembourg, Denmark (187)
6. Sweden, France (186)
7. Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, Ireland, Austria (185)
8. United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Greece, Belgium (184)
9. New Zealand, Malta, Czech Republic, Canada, Australia (183)
10. Slovakia, Lithuania, Hungary (181)
Following in Pakistan’s league of least strong passports, were Afghanistan (26 destinations), Iraq (28), Syria (29), Pakistan, Somalia (32) and Yemen (33).
Pakistan’s arch-rival India settled at 84th whereas neighboring Iran and Bangladesh shared 98th spot on the list.