FHM: Do you prefer to travel alone, friends or with family?
SS: With family
FHM: Any specific way you fold your clothes?
SS: Not really. As long as everything fits well in the suitcase and clothes do not have creases when you take out the clothes
FHM: Your favorite travel movie?
SS: Zindagi Na MilegeeDobara
FHM: Favorite place you visited?
SS: Santorini (Greece)
FHM: Place you wish to visit?
SS: Countless. The journey has just begun!
FHM: Last place you visited?
SS: Florence (Italy)
FHM: Favorite airport in the world?
SS: Istanbul Atatürk Airport
FHM: Favorite airline?
SS: Qatar Airways
FHM: What do you usually in your bag when you travel?
- Toiletry Bag
- Sun Glasses
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cash and credit card(s)
- Reservations and itineraries
- Hotel and tour contact information
- Transportation tickets (plane, train, bus, car, etc.)
- Mobile device and charger
- Camera, extra memory card, & charger
- Electrical converters and adapters
FHM: Any crazy Travel experience/memory?
SS: Last day in Istanbul when my husband and I were heading to the airport. That day our transport came late, traffic on the road in the afternoon was insane and never ending, we thought we would probably never make it. Till we didn’t reach the inside of the plane, we were just running but after 4 years we still laugh about it.
FHM: What do you normally wear when you travel?
SS: Comfortable shirt, pants and pumps.
FHM: Name your top three destinations?
- Santorini – Greece
- Florence – Italy
- Marmaris – Turkey
FHM: What destination do you find yourself returning to again and again? What about it is so alluring?
SS: Santorini. It’s ‘postcard’ perfect. Santorini is calm, quiet, ‘white’ and one of the most beautiful places in the world.
FHM: Your favorite travel quote?
SS: “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
FHM: Your best piece of travel advice?
SS: Do research of your selected travel destination – things to do, area to stay, common mode of transportation, type of weather in the month of travel, clothes to take.
- Keep good walking shoes
- When booking tours through an agent or online, opt for the skip-the-line tours preferably. It is a little expensive but helps to avoid 2-3 hours wait in the peak seasons
- Carry a satchel for water, maps, camera, snacks etc.
- When travelling food should be your least priority; take heavy breakfast, fruits/snacks for lunch and a nice dinner.
- For Europe, do not hip hop from one country to another just because you have a Schengen visa. At least not large countries like Greece, Italy, Spainetc – Each country has a range of offerings in terms of arts, culture, traditions, people. Explore each country by visiting various cities of the country of your choice.
FHM: Where to next?
SS: Haven’t planned it as yet