Running is full of do’s and don’ts. It takes a lot of guts to sign up for that first marathon, so give yourself a quick pat on the back before things get real.
To help you muddle through here are some of the training truths that may not hold true, but likely will.
- You’ll always be planning your next meal
- Your friends will always tell you to put down the cookie
- You will feel confident about yourself that you can do hard things
- Runners come in all shapes and sizes.
- You’ll talk more about bathroom habits than you ever planned.
- Running doesn’t have to be so serious, it’s supposed to be fun…not easy, but fun.
This should be a huge accomplishment for you. Own it, embrace it. Happy Running!