If you’re looking for ways to make your hair grow faster, you’re in the right place!
- Massage your scalp. Massaging any part of your body improves circulation by increasing blood flow to the area, and your scalp is no exception. When you massage your scalp, the increased blood flow stimulates your hair follicles to grow. Scalp massage is a simple and easy technique for helping your hair grow in healthy and fast.
- Try massaging your scalp every time you take a shower. Use the tips of your fingers to gently rub your scalp in a circular motion. Be sure to cover the front, back and sides of your head.
- Repeat the process as much as you like. It has the added benefit of reducing tension and helping you feel calm.
2. Rub your scalp with essential oils. Certain essential oils have been shown to help stimulate new hair growth. Increase the benefits of your scalp massage by working with a small amount of essential oil. Pour five to ten drops of oil over your fingertips and massage the oil all over your scalp. Try one of these essential oils:
- Peppermint, which improves circulation.
- Tea tree oil, which soothes the scalp and helps improve dandruff.
- Lemon oil, which promotes healthy hair growth.
3. Do an oil conditioning treatment. This serves the dual purpose of helping promote hair growth and keeping the hair you have strong and soft. Coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and castor oil are all thought to help hair grow in thick and strong. To do a conditioning treatment, follow these steps:
- For olive oil, have damp hair and distribute it throughout your hair. Then flip your head upside down and massage your scalp for 2-3 minutes.
- Wet your hair and massage one to two tablespoons of oil into your scalp for five minutes.
- Run your fingers through your hair to distribute the oil from your roots to the tips of your hair. You can also use a wide-tooth comb.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the oil soak in for one to two hours.
- Shampoo your hair as normal. You may have to wash it twice to remove excess oil.
4. Use a boar bristle brush. This is a special type of brush made with natural fibers that closely resemble the texture of human hair. It is used to pull sebum, the natural oil secreted by your scalp, all the way to the tips of your hair. This protects your hair from roots to tips and keeps it healthy and strong. Here’s how to use one:
- Place the brush against your scalp and rub it back and forth to massage your head and pick up your natural oil.
- In one long stroke, pull the brush from your roots to the tips of your hair. Keep stroking the same section of hair until it looks glossy and smooth.
- Continue this process section by section until you have massaged your entire scalp and brushed out all of your hair.
- Make sure you get a boar bristle brush. This doesn’t work with plastic or metal brushes.
5. Know what not to use on your hair. When your goal is to grow your hair out fast, it’s important to pay attention to the products you use. Many products contain chemicals that can damage your hair and cause it to be dry and brittle. Aim to use products that are composed of mainly natural ingredients. Avoid products that contain the following:
- Sulfates: found in shampoo, these are harsh cleansers that strip your hair of natural oils and dry it out.
- Silicones: found in conditioner, these build up in your hair and cause it to look weighed down and dull.
- Alcohols: found in hairspray, gel and other styling products, these dry out your hair and cause it to get brittle.