Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have left Canada to set up a new permanent base in Los Angeles, reports said.
Reports revealed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have left their rented home in Canada and took a private flight to the US before the border between the two countries closed last week.
Harry, Meghan and baby Archie are now said to be living in lockdown close to Hollywood in accordance with the sunshine state’s Covid-19 containment measures.
According to reports, “the borders were closing and the flights were stopping. The couple had to get out.”
“But this move was planned for some time. They realised Canada would not work out for various reasons and they want to be based in the Los Angeles area,” reports revealed, adding that, “they have a big support network there. It’s where their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs and business managers are based”.
“Meghan has lots of friends there and, of course, her mum Doria.”
Prince Harry and Meghan do not officially step down as senior royals until the end of this month , Buckingham Palace has also declined to comment.
News of the purported move of the couple comes just hours after it was revealed that Meghan has returned to the small screen as narrator of a new Disney film about a family of elephants.
The film will be available to stream on Disney+ from April 3.