You do not always have to go to a fancy restaurant or cafe to get nice summer drinks, there are tons of drinks that require a minimal recipe to make. Here are 3 drinks that require minimum or no effort and the end result is a nice refreshing drink that is going to take all the stress off of your mind.
What happens when you combine fresh lemon with frozen strawberries? let me tell you, the result is awesome. It is refreshing, sweet and tangy. top it up with a mint leave to make it more bright. But that is subjective.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine strawberries and 1 cup water. Blend until pureed. Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain puree and discard solids.
- In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and the remaining 4 cups of water. Adjust with more water or lemon juice to taste.
- Serve over ice with mint, if desired.
Thai Ice tea
We love the sugary drink with a balancing amount of spice found naturally in the tea. Sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk is the most common milk to add to the tea, but coconut milk would also be a great dairy-free option! As part of Thai cuisine, Ice tea is a household staple. Gaining popularity in the States, many restaurants have tried to give it their own take.
All you need is a Thai tea mix, granulated sugar, milk and some sweet condensed milk.
- Bring water to a boil. In a large pitcher, combine boiling water, Thai tea mix, and sugar. Let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain tea using a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on the tea leaves to extract all of the liquid. Chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour tea over ice and add 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk to each glass.
who does not remember this classic drink? we have all tried and some of us even sip this daily. in simpler terms, Pina Colada is a tropical milkshake that is bound to cool you and all your worries down. What seems to be a drink made out of so many things, is not. It is only made with few things.
All you need is frozen pineapple chunks large scoops of ice cream (about 1 cup), coconut milk and pineapple juice.
- In a blender, blend together frozen pineapple, ice cream, coconut milk, and pineapple juice.
- Divide between glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry.