Bangkok, Thailand’s capital, is a large city known for ornate shrines and vibrant street life. Did you know the traditional name for Bangkok is Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit. Yes, that’s what it’s called. Which means City of angels, Great city of immortals, Magnificent city of nine gems, Seat of the king, City of royal palaces, Home of gods incarnate, Erected by Vishvakarman at Indra’s behest.
There are 5 things amazing things about Bangkok, it is famous for.
1. The food there is world-class!
It’s where heaven’s fall for all the meat and seafood lovers. Also, Bangkok is a paradise for the sweet-tooths.
The city where Red-Bull originated was Bangkok back in the 1970s. The drink that’s helped us party like a rockstar and has been an all night companion on those long nights before college exams.
3. You can be arrested for following crimes.
– Riding a motorcycle bare chest. Applicable for women as well. (you see, absolute gender equality).
– Using a Durian fruit as a weapon.
4. Bangkok is where the best Songkran celebration happens
Songkran is celebrated in the month of April which is a “Strictly Water” version of the La Tomatina festival. It’s how people in Thailand celebrate their New Years and Bangkok is the exact place to celebrate this maddening festival!
5. In 2008, Bangkok was listed as the best city in the world!