10th edition of Award distribution ceremony of “Brand of the Year Awards 2020” was held on Monday 30th August 2021 at Governor’s House Karachi. The ceremony was Chaired by His Excellency Dr. Arif Alvi, President Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Honorable Governor Sindh Mr. Imran Ismail was also present on this occasion. Brand of the year awards is the authentic and most credible recognition for brands in Pakistan.
The credibility of an award can be judged from the organization behind it. Brands Foundation, the organizer of “Brand of the Year Awards”, is the only public company in its area of services having legal mandate under Section 42 of Companies Ordinance 1984 by SECP (Securities & Exchange Commission Government of Pakistan) to conduct healthy competition among Local, National and Multinational Brands in Pakistan & to conduct brands quantitative & qualitative survey, focus group analysis, brands market study, brands ratings and last but not least brands audit.
This is the only organization in the history of Pakistan to have been honoured with the “Accredited Permanent Observer Status” at World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); the Specialized Agency of the United Nations, which is quite commendable and a great achievement.
Moreover, this is the first organization in Pakistan to become ISO 20121:2012 certified for its unmatched abilities and expertise relating to exquisite execution and management of events which have been quite well received amongst the corporate sector and the youth of our nation.
Brands Foundation is also certified ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System) for upholding the highest quality of management which is vital to run any successful organisation.
Brand of the Year Awards is indeed a distinctive and premier recognition for a brand considered as a Champion in its industry in Pakistan based on current year market standing and consumer preference. It honours only one brand in each category every year to only those brands which dominantly led through all the levels of selection criteria laid down by “Award Accreditation Council”.
It is considered an honour to be nominated and to receive an award from this organisation and winners have been authorized to use the title they have been awarded, which serves as both an authentic seal of reliability and official public endorsement of their brand management competence. Brand Award is by far the biggest national stage for commemoration of successful brand leadership in Pakistan and to identify the most acclaimed brands of the country that have been serving us throughout the years.
• The motive of this activity is to honour the most competing brands that have endured the test of time, maintained their brand distinction and quality, stayed ahead through innovative means and are iconic in their industry sector.
• The foundation of Brand of the Year Awards was laid by the then Prime Minister of Pakistan on 6th November 2007 at Prime Minister’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
• It is an honour for Brand of the Year Awards that five consecutive Award Distribution Ceremonies have been chaired by the then Prime Ministers of Pakistan.
• The dominant recognition and acceptance of this gigantic activity has unanimously got the position of unprecedented hallmark of Brand’s recognition in Pakistan.
• “Brand of the Year Awards” is the biggest national platform that crowns the brand champions from every industry sector. The event is regularly organized every year and now it is successfully entering in its 11th edition this year 2021.
*BRANDS ICON OF PAKISTAN*
The Brand Icons are those brands that have become the undisputed representative of their own categories in the mindset of the consumers in our society; so much so that when these categories are mentioned, the iconic brands instantly come to mind of almost every person. The segment of Brands Icon of Pakistan is classified as the Brands that have achieved the status of an icon of excellence and have given an identity to the categories they belong to. It takes years of careful planning and exceptional brand management for a brand to become an icon.
Brands that are selected for the honor of Brands Icon of Pakistan are those which not only have created an identity for themselves but also transcend their product or service category to become part of our everyday culture and consciousness as these brands enjoy the highest level of familiarity, awareness and consumer preference. By awarding these brands as ICONS we encourage and promote their brand management for their exceptional performance in the midst of several national and multinational brands.
Team FHM congratulates Shaikh Rashid Alam, CEO – Brands Foundation and Zafar Hussain, MD
– Brands Foundation for organising such prestigious awards.