Social media in general is not a problem however, excessive use of it could result in unhealthy habits. Let’s break down some pros and cons of Social Media in todays day and age.
- Reality vs Online: social media tends to promote unrealistic standards and situations that are far from the reality. It’s leads one into over thinking and mental health issues.
- Cyber Crime/Bullying: social media gives a free pass to bullying one another without facing any consequences.
- Self Image: Social media makes people seek for others validation when comes to physical appearances which becomes unhealthy in the long run .
- Addictive: you often miss out on activities and gathering because you’re unable to let go of your devices or find a balance.
- Often gives unreliable i formation that misleads into false reality
- Allows you to stay connected with friends and family no matter what part of the world they’re in
- Saves time: whether that’s shopping, banking, business
- Allows quick access to the most recent news and updates
- Could use for online learning without necessarily having to pay for it
- Makes finding job easier as there are more job and employment opportunities available!