We all have watched “Up” movie at one point in our life and we all cried with tears and heartache. It is a genuinely good movie and the characters seem almost realistic. The story is too cute and goofy and I for once am obsessed with it. There are three main characters and many lessons which one can learn.
This movie goes for all ages out there and it takes you back to your cheeky childhood days. Any child watching this movie would be drawn to it because of the colors, characters, plot and acting. It is so true to real life that you can literally feel a shiver down your spine!
The story begins with Carl and Ellie’s romance. Their relationship is so sweet and lovely and the way it’s delivered is so mesmerizing considering the fact that it’s animated. Both of them meet when they were kids and used to share the dream of becoming explorers one day. Ellie and Carl grow up, they marry and move in together. They share a dream house and live happily together and grow old together, it feels almost as if our grandparent’s lives are shown. It’s as sweet as a melody but also one needs to have the heart to bear the ending.
The both share a jug in which they put loose changes as their dream is to visit legendary Paradise falls and it’s a combined effort to save up and visit together but of course things change. Their life gets different they have medical bills to pay, home repairs and other expenses. A tragic incident takes place after which Ellie dies the story continues with Carl and his adventures. The entire time they show how much he misses Ellie and he lives a monotonous life till one day he decides to fulfil their dream of visiting the fall. One of the most important lesson that we learn is the importance of life and no matter how hard life gets you have to live through. We should all celebrate the little moments and celebrate life with our partners because life is tragic and unpredictable.
Lessons we learn are as follows:
- True love lasts a life time. Long after Ellie dies, Carl continues on the adventure they both wanted. He missed his wife dearly yet he did this for me!
- No matter your differences and background the respect and love shouldn’t die
- Life will get real and when it does, it gets tough. It will break you apart but remember never let go the hand of your partner. Else your entire life will crumble and fall apart.
- True love is based on dreams that are shared. They can go goals to achieve or traveling around the world.
- To love is to keep your promises, no matter what, no matter how long it takes to fulfill the promises. Your love shouldn’t die with a person.
- No one is perfect, rather your love and respect makes your relationship and other person perfect for you. Always remember that.
- Your age shouldn’t stop you from having adventures at all. Encourage your grandparents to do the same.
- And that sometimes, the highest award that life can bestow on you is the Ellie badge.
So always dream big and aspire to achieve all those dreams. Love endlessly and that means loving all the imperfections and the flaws. Life is way too unpredictable and short so make sure you make the most of it before life fades you!