Eucalyptus has been used over the years as a traditional plant with medicinal benefits that are now becoming more prominent to the current world, we live in.
This tree has several medicinal benefits specially the eucalyptus oil which is extracted from the leaves and contains numerous healing power.
- Eliminate cough: Eucalyptus oil can be rubbed onto the throat and chest to relive someone from a terrible cough.
- Clear out congestion: The properties in eucalyptus help clear out mucus and congestion for one to breathe easy.
- Bug repellent: Keep pests away with a botanical solution of eucalyptus and lemon, I mean a natural repellent for those creepy crawlies.
- Ease breathing: Those who suffer from respiratory diseases such as asthma or sinus can incorporate eucalyptus oil in a steamer and it will help clear out any blockages.
- Disinfectant: It is an excellent disinfectant that helps heal wounds and get rid of cold sores due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Control blood sugar: Even though researchers may have no exactly figured out how it may control blood sugar, eucalyptus is highly recommended for people with diabetes.
- Ease joint pain: Many popular pain killers contain eucalyptus because it has the properties to ease joint pain and enable the patient to eliminate the pain.
- Freshen breath: apart from mint, eucalyptus can be used to freshen breath as it is an anti-bacterial that kills off any bad bacteria causing odor.
What are you waiting for? Start growing your own eucalyptus plant and stay healthy!
Until next time.