Why is therapy important?
In life, we may be dealing with hectic routines and chaotic situations which eventually lead to a burn out. Therapy was considered a taboo however, over the years notable awareness has been created in terms of seeing a therapist.
I personally was quite intimidated by therapy but it really helped me pull myself out of a dark place and enables you to embrace things, find solutions and move on towards better things and inner peace.
Here is why you should consider therapy:
- If you’re dealing with grief, it can be a great way to channel your emotions.
- To discuss things you can’t otherwise with friends and family.
- Require assistance when it comes to making life changes.
- Trouble coping with chronic illness or mental health issues.
- To work on your relationships with partners or loved ones.
- To learn about yourself and improve your quality of life.
- If you are experiencing low self-esteem, negative intrusive thoughts or loneliness.
“One should go to therapy not because of themselves but because of all the people in their lives who refuse to go for therapy”
I read this quote somewhere and it changed my perspective. Therapy is about creating boundaries, attaining peace and self realisations. If you wish to see change in the world; be the change!
Until next time.