We often forget to focus on all the awesome things we can and should be doing for ourselves and our relationship before we say “I do.” For that reason, I feel like every woman should have a bucket list.
Here is a list some things every woman should try to do before tying the knot.
- Learn how to cook. Not because you’re getting ready to be someone’s June Cleaver, but because it’s reassuring to know that you can fend for yourself in the kitchen.
- Have at least one big blowout fight with your future spouse. Then make up. It’s good to know you can get through it.
- Face one of your biggest fears. Be it skydiving, public speaking, or dining in public alone.
- Travel with your sister(s) or closest female friends. Not because you can’t do this after you get married, but lots of ladies agree there’s something especially liberating, eye-opening, and bond-bolstering about doing it beforehand.
- Decide how you feel about kids. Kind of like money, a majorly important thing to discuss before getting hitched.
- Create a list of 5 values your partner has. For example, that finding a partner who follows a sustainable lifestyle is absolutely crucial for you. Put that on the list as a reminder not to compromise on your core values.