- You always feel like there is a strong need to prove yourself.
- You change your values to focus on work.
- You’re in denial of problems that arise due to work stress.
- You begin to neglect your own needs.
- You feel unlike yourself because of depersonalisation.
- You experience feelings of emptiness and numbness which is a form of abuse to one self.
- You withdraw from your family and social life.
- You feel depressed and lost.
- You find reasons to blame others and live in conflict.
- Your behaviour upsets people around you.
- You are mentally exhausted.
Burnout happens when you’re overwhelmed, emotionally drained, and unable to keep up with life’s incessant demands. Make sure you take care of your needs before it consumes you.
Until next time.