- What is the reason behind your success?
I consider the reason behind my success is that I’m not jealous of anyone. I appreciate everyone’s success and want everyone to appreciate mine as well.
- What was the reason behind you entering the life of the media industry?
From my school and college days I used to act in dramas andparticipated in debates. I think media is a way toconnectyou with the world. When I started my career there was no television, so I started off with radio show named as Rasal-Kaima in UAE, as a newscaster in Urdu Language. I also used to do poetry and mimicry show for 1 hour for about a year. When I came back to Pakistan, I startedworking in FM 101 and also hold a record for doing a radio show Live for 18 hours straight. So, this was basically how I entered in media industry.
- Any incident in your life that you can never forget?
I remember an incident that couple of years back, I was doing Ramadan Transmission; one of my colleagues told me during a live transmission about Yasir Arafat’s death and wanted me to talk about him for 3 minutes. But unfortunately I talk about him for 25 minutes and no one stopped me. I was so eager to know the reason why?When I looked back towards the control room through the glass, everyone was laughing out loud.
- Who inspires you in terms of dressing and style and how do you describe your own style?
Despite the fact that I have always been well-dressed I have been criticizeda lot about it. People used to treat colors as masculine and feminine. Ihad the courage for wearing a suit for the first time in a religious show in front of all the scholars. Personally I love wearing western but we have set a format in Subh-e-Pakistan, for wearing Shalwar-Kameez. I feel that eastern and western clothes should be worn without any discrimination.
- You have done various types of shows. Which type of shows do you personally enjoy the most?
- Do you wish to act in a movie?
Certainly, I would love to act in a movie, which is against extremisms. I also want to create a Superhero (fictional character) like Superman or Spiderman and want to destroy the green goblet, given in the traits of these characters. I want to create Abu Bakr-Al-Baghdadi (Villain) and AamirLiaquat (Superhero) and want to destroy the evil which prevail in our society.
- Why did you start a new venture of designing clothes?
When I started wearing Shalwar-Kameez, people followed me and it became a trend and many honorable celebrities took the advantage of it. They started making their brands of Shalwar-Kameez. This was rightfully my initiative and it should have been me coming up with a brand or store. So it was just a decision in affliction and spitefulness.
- If you were not an anchor then what would you be?
I have told many times before that if I was not an anchor, I would have been a great chef, owning my own restaurant. I have already decided a name but don’t want to disclose right now.
- What do you like or admire about your personality? Or what are the qualities, you have encountered?
I think that the most positive aspect of my personality is that I always say the truth. I’m very blunt and straight forward and say everything upfront rather than back biting. People sometime feel that I am too harsh on them.
- Your shows always have the highest TRP. How is that so?
The only reason I know is women. My entire viewers and follower are women of every age.
- An advice that changed your life, which you would like to share with the readers?
Honestly speaking!I never listen to any one’s advice but I do listen what they say. I usually sit alone at night and then come to a conclusion or a decision.
- As per your busy schedule, how do you manage your personal and professional life, together?
I don’t think that life is busy, 24 hours is long enough. I think that sleeping is the most time consuming thing and people should sleep less and work more. So I think that everything in your life requires a certain amount of time and it is quite easy to do in 24 hours.
- Was your marriage arranged or love? What are your children’s names?
My marriage was arranged and I have 2 children’s. One is a boy, Ahmed and the other is a girl,Dua.
- Why don’t you wear a watch?
I don’t like wearing a watch because I’m not fond of looking at the time every now and then. When I watch the time I feel sad because then I realize that I have so less time to work. The one who want to develop his personality wear’s a watch but whose personality Allah develops doesn’t need one.
- Are you a romantic person?
I am a romantic and a gallant person but I don’t fall in love with everyone. This is also the reason why I like Rajesh Khanna.
- What attracts you the most in Women?
The first thing I admire in a woman is her long hair, hands and feet
- What would you say about Valentine’s Day?
Valentine has nothing to do with religion. People usually discuss pity issues. Who wants to celebrate Valentine’s Day can celebrate, who think it is a sin might not. You should discuss important issues rather than fighting on a one day celebration of valentine. If you think it is a sin don’t even follow the calendar of Christians.
- Would you do a second marriage?
- PLACE YOU WISH TO VISIT?
- A HISTORICAL FIGURES YOU WISH YOU COULD INTERVIEW?
- THE BEST THING THAT’S EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?
- ANY HIDDEN TALENTS?
- A SKILL YOU WISH TO MASTER?
- FIRST THING YOU NOTICE WHEN YOU MEET SOMEONE?
- FAVOURITE CELEBRITY?
TalatHussain (Pakistan),DeepikaPadukone(India)& Sandra Bullock (Hollywood)
- FAVOURITE BOOK?
“Zia-un-Nabi” by Peer Karm Shah Al Zehri
- FAVOURITE DESIGNER?
- FAVOURITE PERSONALITY?
Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- FAVOURITE MEAL?
- FAVOURITE HOBBY?
Reading and Singing
- FAVOURITE PERFUME?
Every perfume that smells nice
- SOMETHING YOU NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOME WITHOUT?
- AIM IN LIFE?
Want to rectify the name of Islam and show the real face of Islam to the world.
- FAVOURITE COLOR?
Navy blue and Blood Red
- EATING HOMEMADE FOOD OR EATING OUT?
Self-made food; especially Nihari
- EVER BEEN TO GYM?
No, I have made my own gym at home.
- FAVOURITE MOVIE?
- DO YOU HAVE A SWEET TOOTH?
Not at all
Abul Hassan Ali IbnUsman al-Jullabi al-Hajveri al-Ghaznawi also known as DaataGanjBakhsh