Diamonds are a woman’s best friend, but there are a lot of women who just love makeup. Lipstick is that one makeup article, without which a woman looks incomplete. Every single women has different shades and brands of lipsticks, but did you know there are some major brands which are full of cancer causing ingredients?
We regularly check food labels, but have we ever thought to check our makeup labels? Lipstick, deodorant, shampoo and other personal care products are usually not required to undergo testing, many don’t even contain a full list of ingredients.
If you apply lipstick a few times a day, each day, you could be swallowing high amounts of lead over the course of your lifetime. Chemicals aren’t just swallowed, they can also be absorbed through your skin, which make your makeup a major culprit.
Canada-based Environmental Defense group tested 49 different makeup items in a report titled “Heavy Metal Hazard: The Health Risks of Hidden Heavy Metals in Face Makeup.” They tested 49 different makeup items, including: 5 foundations, 4 concealers, 4 powders, 5 blushes or bronzers, 7 mascaras, 2 eye liners, 14 eye shadows, 8 lipsticks or glosses.
Researchers found serious heavy metal contamination in virtually all of the products. The products which were tested contained, 96% lead, 90% beryllium and 61% thallium. They also found 51% cadmium while 20% contained arsenic.
Here are the lipstick brands, you all should avoid at any cost:
1.Maybelline Color Sensational (#125 Pink Petal)
2. L’Oreal Colour Riche (#410 Volcanic)
3. NARS Semi-Matte (#1005 Red Lizard)
4. CoverGirl Queen Collection Vibrant Hues (#580 Ruby Remix)
5. NARS Semi-Matte (#1009 Funny Face)
6. L’Oreal Colour Riche (#165 Tickled Pink)
7. L’Oreal Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor (#748 Heroic)
8. CoverGirl Continuous Color (#025 Warm Brick)
9. Maybelline Color Sensation (#475 Mauve Me)
10. Stargazer Lipstick (#103c)
11. Revlon Matte (#009 Fabulous Fig)
12. Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color (#27 Mauvey)
13. Avon Beyond Color (#558 Mad for Mauve)
14. L’Oreal Endless (#530 Mauve Amour)
15. Revlon ColorStay (#375 Ripened Red)
16. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer (Toffee)
17. Revlon Super Lustrous Peal (#631 Luminous Pink)
18. Revlon Super Lustrous Peal (#643 Satin Plum)
Here are the Safer Lipsticks which you can use as alternatives:
Coastal Classic Creations Canyon Lipstick, W3ll People Extreme Lip Gloss, Maia’s Mineral Galaxy Lipstick, Organic Infused Lip Love Lipstick, Bella Mari Pure Mineral Lipstick, Isoi Bulgarian Rose Lip Treatment Balm, Rejuva Minerals Pur Lips Lipstick.