We live in a world where everything is moving so rapidly, it becomes hard to keep track of our well-being. A world where the food is fast, communication is just a click away and credit is received instantly. We all are caught up in a race to do better, move faster and achieve everything overnight.
This eventually leads us to lose the true essence of who we are, within these worldly constructs and it becomes essential to ground and remind ourselves that it’s okay to take a break.
- Consider the long-term impact: Developing a long-term view of our decisions helps us categorise what is important and what does not deserve our attention.
- Take a break between activities: Rather than racing from one thing to another, allow your mind to rest between tasks so it is easier for you to grasp onto other things with ease rather than it being cluttered all over the place.
- Learn to listen: No better way to deal with tough situations and people apart from listening and understanding the other persons perspective before you strike back.
- Practice patience: Enough said.
- Focus on reducing stress: Try to cut off people and things that bring you unnecessary drama or stress and pay no heed to such situations.
- Say no to unreasonable people: Learn to say no to those leeches that constantly linger over you and waste your time for their own personal benefit.
This was it for today. Practice patience and smile at your enemies with grace. They’ll keep wondering what got into you but either way it’s a win win situation for you.
Until next time.