Throughout your life, we may encounter toxic people be it a pessimistic family member, abusive partner, fake friend or manipulative co-worker and we must learn how to waiver through it without letting it affect our mental health.
These self-centred, deceitful, dishonest and controlling individuals will always to to pull you into drama or conflict because that fuels them. Here are some things you should keep in mind in terms of avoiding such individuals who think they are all that when they’re nothing but pathetic.
- Let them know how you feel
- Maintain distance no matter how nice they seem
- Set hard boundaries. Toxic people tend to show their true colours when faced with limitations
- Do not be pulled into their crisis and drama
- Spend more time with positive people
- Forgive but don’t forget and don’t let them sweet talk you into their facade
Speak to someone if you come across such figures. The only reason they behave this way is because they are either intimidated by you or wish they could be half of how you maybe.
Until next time.